Email: rallen /at/ allenlawnc.com
Owner and principal of solo litigation and transactional practice.
Representative matters include:
- Obtained jury verdict for e-commerce consultant in Wake County court against claims including fraud, breach of contract and trademark infringement. Won judgment for client on unfair trade practices counterclaim.
- Obtained jury verdict for clients in Durham County court on all issues in Fair Labor Standards Act suit.
- Obtained significant settlement at mediation for Eastern North Carolina health care industry client for claims including wrongful termination and violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA") and Family and Medical Leave Act ("FMLA").
- Drafted and reviewed employment, services, noncompete, nondisclosure, and severance agreements for local startups, key employees, and contractors.
- Assisted a mobile applications developer in amending and restating its operating agreement, preparing equity agreements for new employees, and preparing employment agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
Activities and Societies: Alaska Law Review, Duke Law and Technology Review, Duke Law Community Enterprise Clinic.
Activities and Societies: Graduated with distinction and with honors in creative writing. Assistant manager, WXYC-FM, 1996-97. Music editor, Daily Tar Heel, 1995. Member, Dialectic Society.
Recipient of the North Carolina NAACP's 2014 Humanitarian of the Year award as part of the pro bono legal defense team for individuals arrested at the North Carolina General Aseembly during the NC NAACP's summer 2013 Moral Mondays protests.
Roberts's Rehnquist-Meets-O'Connor Compromise, The Washington Spectator, June 28, 2012
Blogging the Law.Gov Conference at Duke Law: Should the Law be Open Source?, 95Years.com, April 28, 2010
Can You Copyright Your Tweets?, 95Years.com, February 26, 2010
Citizens United v. FEC: Eight Unanswered Questions, 95Years.com, January 21, 2010
Is the Office Closed? The Role of the Office of Victims’ Rights After Cooper v. District Court, Alaska Law Review, December 2007
Business Site: www.allenlawnc.com
LinkedIn: Richard D. Allen